Use this alternative solution to process credit-card and electronic-check payments from QuickBooks via Authorize.Net, PayTrace, and other payment gateways. The payment requests are captured directly from QuickBooks and are transmitted to your payment provider. QMerchant supports practically all QuickBooks versions including QuickBooks - Point of Sale (POS) and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition.
How does it work?
You enter and complete an invoice or a payment transaction, i.e. a sale, in QuickBooks. Then you click in QMerchant the green 'get payment' button. This captures the transaction data from QuickBooks. A payment screen is presented. Here you enter or verify the credit card credentials. With submit, the data is transferred to the payment gateway. After a successful payment, QuickBooks is updated. Depending on your QuickBooks version, this principle process may vary.
QMerchant integrates Authorize.Net, PayTrace, PPI and other providers as payment gateways for QuickBooks and QuickBooks - Point of Sale.
Supported QuickBooks transactions are Sale, Receive Payment, Credit Memo, Invoice and Sales Order.
Whenever you add or modify one of these transactions you can capture this information to charge credit cards or eChecks by using the selected payment gateway.
When using authorize.net as payment gateway the Customer Information Management CIM is supported.
• Offline mode
• Accept credit cards without having Internet access and process those later.
• Accept credit card and electronic check payment.
• Print payment receipts.
• Usage outside of QuickBooks as Virtual Terminal.
• Performs transaction types like Authorize, Capture, Void, Credit etc. .
• Level 2 support for reduced credit card transaction fees.
• Level 3 support for purchasing cards with selected payment gateways.
• Support for authorize.net customer information management (CIM)Support for various USB magnetic stripe readers.
QMerchant is certified by Authorize.Net as solution for Card Present(CP) and Card Not Present (CNP) transactions. It implements the Wells Fargo SecureSource requirements.
• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. (.Net Framework 4.5 or higher required.)
• QuickBooks 2008,up to including 2020 Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise
• QuickBooks Point of Sale v 4.0 (rev. 5) or higher
• Authorize.Net, PayTrace
• All others that have one of the above mentioned gateways as back end like RBS Worldpay or Wells Fargo
• Desktop. Everything you need to connect to QuickBooks and take payments. Single User license.
• Server. Same as functionality as the desktop plus multiple users. Typical for an IT infrastructure with remote access or remote terminal services.
There is no support associated with the product. Still, we try to give a reasonable support via our helpdesk for the newest software version only, but we reserve the right to charge for it.
QMerchant should be part of your normal PCI DSS compliance review.
Only three of the twelve PCI requirements are touched by the QMerchant development we made for you:
•Requirement 3: Protect stored cardholder data.
QMerchant does not store any cardholder data. The log file records the gateway response only that does only contain a masked cc number.
•Requirement 4: Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
QMerchant transmits the data to the payment gateway encrypted based on the security measures given by the payment gateway, usually by SSL and TLS1.2 encryption.
•Requirement 10: Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
QMerchant has a log, where the usage of QMerchant is recorded. Access to cardholder data is restricted by the QuickBooks security measures, if there are any of those data stored in QuickBooks.
You can download and install QMerchant any time and test all functionionality before purchase, as long as a single transaction amount does not exceed five dollars.